Ascend to Higher Levels of Consciousness
Nourish Your Body-Mind-Spirit
Connect with your Intuition
Clear blockages to Manifest Radiant Health & Joy
Imagine immersing your senses in the natural beauty of the Adirondacks. The smell of spring is in the air and the gentle breeze off Lake Clear caressing your face and hair. You awaken with the sounds of birds chirping and the trees rustling after a deep sound sleep. You wade into the cool waters and ground into Mother Earth as you feel the powerful lake vortex charge the energy centers within you.
You saunter into the Lodge for a delicious traditionally prepared homemade meal by Master Chef and Weston A Price Chapter leader Cathy Hohmeyer, your lodge host. You don’t have to cook! You don’t even have to make your bed. You just nourish yourself from the inside out.
Then the Event begins. Experience group energy healing and Ancient self-healing techniques. Learn how to cook traditional foods to ground and center your body. Practice your intuitive skills. And much, much more…
If you can imagine how wonderful this feels, then your body is really saying “Yes” to joining us at this special two-day event!
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Friday May 13 2016
3:00 – 7:00 pm Check in for retreat guestsExplore the property, walk the trails, paddle a canoe
7:00 – 9:00 pm Fireside Round Table and Pub Dinner. Meet various retreat guests, your Lodge hosts. (included for retreat guests; $30 a la carte). Intro to Traditional Foods, Holistic Entrepreneurship (for those in business)
Saturday May 14 2016
8:15 – 9:15 am Interpretive Breakfast and Cooking demo for retreat guests in the Main Lodge (included for retreat guests; $20 a la carte)
9:00 – 9:45 am REGISTRATION – Sign In at the Retreat Center
- 9:45 – 10:00 am Welcome – Dr. Karen Kan
- 10:00 – 11:00 Beyond Brain Balance – Assessing your Healing Potential with Karen Kan, MD, Holistic Physician
- 11:15 – 12:15 Connecting Food with Spirit – Nourish your Chakras with Sabine Weber, MS, RDN, CDN, CFSP, Integrative and Functional Holistic Nutritionist and Food & Spirit Certified Professional™
12:30 – 1:30 pm Healthy Lunch, Retreat Center (included for all attendees) and Nature Break
- 1:45 – 2:45 pm 8 Pieces of Brocade QiGong with Michael Harrigan, RN, Certified Healing Touch Practitioner III, QiGong Instructor
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Intuition through Body Dowsing with Karen Kan MD, Holistic Physician
- 4:15 – 5:15 pm Energy Clearing Exercises to support your body through Ascension with Ease and Grace with Karen Kan MD, Holistic Physician
6:00 – 7:30 pm Interpretive Traditionally Prepared Dinner (included for retreat guests; $39 a la carte)
Concurrent Bonus Workshops:
- 7:30 – 8:30 pm 5 Elements Acupuncture Meridian Balancing (OPEN CLASS) with Dr. Karen Kan, Holistic Physician and Acupuncturist – learn the acupuncture points and how to use LifeWave Energy Enhancer patches to balance and support your meridians and increase Vitality Qi ($5 for Energy Patches if you don’t already have them)
- 7:30 – 8:30 pm **SPECIAL** Workshop For Wellness Entrepreneurs for existing businesses or start ups with Ernest Hohmeyer, Certified Business Coach ($20 , Lodge retreat* guests add $15) 1:1 consultation follow up available
Sunday May 15 2016:
- 10:00 – 11:30 am Brunch and Cooking Class – Make “easy gluten-free snacks” with Cathy Hohmeyer, Certified Emotion Code Practitioner, Lodge Master Chef, Weston A Price Chapter leader (food included)
Afternoon Concurrent Workshops/Consultations:
- 11:30 – 12:00 noon Explore “Grab and Go” healthy meals from Lake Clear Lodge Store. Nature Break.
- 11:30 am – 2:00 pm One-on-one Consults with workshop leaders (discount pricing available – first come, first serve) or free time to play outside in nature.
- 30 minute Mini Food and SpiritTM Consult with Sabine Weber
- 30 minute Emotion Code sessions with Cathy Hohmeyer
- 30 minute HeartQuest HRV nervous system assessments with Michael Harrigan
- 30 minute Photon Genie treatment with Michael Harrigan
- 30 minute Wellness Business Consult with Ernest Hohmeyer
“Flash” cooking classes with Master Chef Cathy Hohmeyer featuring:
11:30 am – Intro to Traditional Foods, the most important preparation methods you should know
12:30 pm – Show and Tell of Cultured and Fermented Super foods
- 1:00 pm – Broths and Stocks – ease your Tummy and mineralize your bones
1:30 pm – REAL Sourdough – English muffins and gluten free naan
- 12:30 – 2:00 pm:
Introduction to TOLPAKANTM Healing (TKH) Method ~ TOLPATM Attunement, and Self-Healing Protocols with founder Karen Kan, MD, Holistic Physician. TKH is an energy healing method that combines muscle testing with healing energies from the Archangels. This workshop includes energy attunement, power level assessment, worksheet and suggested daily healing protocol.
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Get Creative – Workshop for tweaking your Wellness Business with Ernest Hohmeyer, Certified Business Coach
Click here to view Lake Clear Lodge room options.
Canoes, kayaks and bicycles are available for use for retreat guests without extra charge. Horseback riding and golf are extra.
Karen Kan, MD launched Integrative Medicine & Acupuncture, P.C. in 2002, who specializes in holistic and spiritual medicine. Dr. Kan graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Ottawa School of Medicine, Canada, and became board certified in Family Medicine in both Canada and USA. While not working in her office, she coaches individuals from around the world in holistic health, and personal transformation. She has several different blogs and a popular Dr. Karen Kan radio show and is now the author of an #1 Amazon bestseller: Guide to Healing Chronic Pain – A Holistic Approach.
Sabine Weber, MS, RDN, CDN, CFSP is an Integrative and Functional Nutritionist with a background in Mind-Body Medicine and most recently became a Food & Spirit Certified Professional™. She has seven years of formal education in Human Nutrition which includes her Bachelor of Science from Russell Sage, Master of Science from the University of Bridgeport and a year internship at Saint Louis University Medical Center. Sabine has a Private Practice called Adirondack Nutrition Consulting in Lake Placid NY. Her training in Functional Nutrition, Mind-Body Medicine, and Food and Spirit are the forefront of her practice. These practices have been instrumental for her in helping clients bring balance into their lives which translate to their health, eating, and living. Sabine feels that there is nothing more powerful than be able to help her clients discover the tools to feel better.
Cathy Hohmeyer is co-owner and Executive Chef at the Lake Clear Lodge. She loves to share tips and tricks to getting real food on the table without costing a fortune, and especially teaching preparations that maintain or improve nutrients to make food not only packed full of nutrition but making the nutrients “bio available” – truly usable by your cells. Initially trained in anatomy and physiology as an Occupational Therapist, Cathy has not only been studying nutrition and real foods but has been preparing meals for customers in her restaurant for 25 years. Lodge cuisine includes “Old World healthy preparations with Seasonal Adirondack tastes.”
Michael Harrigan RN BSN (Healing touch Level III Certification) has worked in many different areas of nursing including public health, psychiatric, medical surgical and in the field of substance abuse and addiction treatments. He has always been interested in natural healing cures for disease and began to study alternative and holistic treatments while studying for his Bachelors Degree in nursing at Empire State College. While at Empire State, he engaged in research into the healing and health benefits of regular qigong practice. He currently holds a Level III Healing Touch Certification, and Qigong Level I Instructor. Mr Harrigan is continuing to study qigong, healing touch, and other evidence based alternative treatment modalities and conduct training, workshops and seminars to share the health benefits that can be achieved through the practice of qigong.
Ernest Hohmeyer is a Nationally Certified Business Professional, working 27 years in small business development and in creating innovative technical assistance programs for individuals. He helped grow the Adirondack Economic Development Corp (AEDC) from a small fledgling office to an award winning region wide organization. In 1994 he received the US Small Business Administraion “Small Business Advocate of the Year Award” presented to him by Pres Bill Clinton in Washington DC. Ernest has literally “grown up with the small business trend” – working and assisting in his parents restaurant business. After retiring from AEDC, he envisioned his parent place into a small resort where people can rejuvenate in mind, body and spirit. The Lodge – is now celebrating its 50th year under the Hohmeyerownership, undergoing changes with the times. He is the founder of a not-for-profit called Adirondack Spirit, to combine his love for the Adirondacks, wellness and the belief in entrepreneurship.
In case you weren’t with us last year, here are some video replays from some of our workshops from last year:
…and check out video replays of ALL of our workshops from 2014 – www.karenkan.com/fibro. Enjoy!